Our Tickle your Tastebud sessions are proving to be very popular and we will be adding the recipes over the next few weeks. Here we have 2 recipes for Lemon and Ginger Cheesecake and Muffins, both of which are easy peasy.
Lemon and Ginger Cheesecake
Packet of Ginger biscuits
1 (250g) tub mascarpone cheese
1 (200ml) pot doublee cream
1. Grate the lemons and then juice them.
2. Put the ginger biscuits in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Carefully melt the butter in a pan then add the crushed biscuits and stir well. Add some lemon juice to this mix.
3. Place this mix in your flan dish and press it down with the back of a spoon. Place in the fridge to cool .
4. Mix together, really well, the mascarpone cheese, cream, lemon zest. Save some of the zest for the top. Whisk until it thickens
5. Pour onto your chilled base, then return to the fridge for a few hours for it to set.
6. Before serving sprinkle the remainder of the zest on top of the cheesecake.
250g Self raising Flour
1 teaspoon of baking Powder
half a teaspoon of salt
8 fluid ounces of milk
3 fluid ounces of oil
Extra flavouring- 85g chocolate chips or handful of rasins, currants, chopped dried fruit, blueberries etc
1 Line the tins with paper cases
2 Preheat the oven to 200C Gas 5-6
3 In a large bowl mix the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt
4 In a separate bowl beat the egg lightly with a fork. Stir in the milk and oil
5 Pour all of the liquid ingredients into the dry. Add your extra flavourings. and stir until just combined, scraping the sides and bottom as you stir. This should only take about 20 seconds. The batter will be lumpy but no dry flour should be visible. Do not over stir.
6 Fill the paper cases. Place in the hot oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.